- Chairman of the Board, Member of the Board since 2019, Member of the Nomination and Compensation Committee
- Born: 1950
- M.Sc. in Political Science from University of Helsinki, M.Sc. in Economics from London School of Economics and a M.Sc. in Engineering Physics from Helsinki University of Technology.
Essential working experience
- Chairman and CEO, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Group Executive Board of Nokia Corporation 1999–2006
- President and CEO, Chairman of the Group Executive Board of Nokia Corporation 1992–1999
- President of Nokia Mobile Phones 1990–1992
- Senior Vice President, Finance 1986–1989
Principal positions of trust
- Member of the Board of Directors of Tetra Laval Group 2013–
- Member of the Board of Directors of TBG AG 2016–
- Perella Weinberg Parners, advisory partner 2014–
- Chairman of Miltton Group Oy 2015–
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Xinova LLC 2016–
Independent of the company and its significant shareholders.