HighlightsAlma Media's strong competence and stable financial position create a solid base for a strategy focused on increasing shareholder value.
Alma Media creates shareholder value by realising a strategy whose core elements include seeking profitable growth in digital media business and renewing the publishing business to become a sustainable multimedia business. Centralised support services ensure an efficient and responsible business model relying on common values.
The following matters support investing in Alma Media:
1. The company’s competence and profitable growth enable investing in digital business in Finland as well as in Europe
- Digital services aimed at consumers (for career planning, living and other lifestyle-related interests).
- Digital services aimed at companies (information and marketing services).
2. Strong national media brands
- Leading business media in Finland, Kauppalehti and Talouselämä as well as Affärsvärlden in Sweden.
- Finland's third biggest newspaper, tabloid newspaper Iltalehti.
- Brands started early the tranformation to digital channels.
- Leading medias on their own fields.
- Strong development of mobile media and video.
3. Finland’s regional newspaper media produces a significant cash flow
- The significance and high quality of contents enables premium pricing strategy for subscribers and a preferred media environment for advertisers.
- An efficient business model in multimedia production and distribution also creates external synergies which will be further increased by the modern printing facility that was taken into use in Tampere in early 2013.
4. Long-term financial targets supporting the growth strategy
- Alma Media aims to allocate investments, repayment of debt and distribution of profit optimally from the company's and investors' point of view.
See Alma Media's financial targets here.