The AGM on 17 March 2015 resolved, in accordance with the proposal by the Board of Directors, to establish a Shareholders’ Nomination Committee. The Nomination Committee’s duties will include preparing proposals related to the election and remuneration of Board members to the AGM. At the same time, the AGM approved the Charter of the Shareholders’ Nomination Committee.
The Shareholders’ Nomination Committee will consist of four members appointed by shareholders, and the members will elect a Chairman from among themselves. In addition, the Chairman of the Board will act as an expert member in the Nomination Committee.
In the year preceding the AGM, on the basis of shareholding on 30 September in the preceding calendar year, the Chairman of the Board will request each one of the four largest shareholders to appoint one member to the Shareholders’ Nomination Committee.
The four shareholders who are registered in the shareholder register maintained by Euroclear Finland Ltd on 30 September in the year preceding the AGM and whose share of the votes produced by all shares in the company is the greatest according to this shareholder register will have the right to nominate members that represent shareholders. Should a shareholder choose not to use the right to appoint a member, the right is transferred to the next largest shareholder in the shareholder register, who would not otherwise have the right to appoint a member.
Members of Alma Media's Shareholders’ Nomination Committee are:
- Timo Aukia, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Ilkka Group; (Chairman of the Nomination Committee)
- Niklas Herlin, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Mariatorp;
- Carita Antell, Member of the Board of Directors, Kaleva;
- Timo Sallinen, Head of Listed Securities, Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company.
- In addition, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Alma Media Corporation, Harri Suutari, acts as an expert member in the Nomination Committee.