Alma for advertisers
Alma’s media reach about 80% of Finns every day. Of that percentage, online users make up a network of 9.5 million profiled browsers. This network allows you to accurately aim the message at high-purchase target audiences.
We at Alma provide you with a variety of new marketing opportunities. We design, produce, and publish many forms of content marketing for print and digital channels. We support creative agencies and marketing departments in developing impressive rich media solutions. We provide fast, cost-effective production and a wide range of publishing platforms for video advertising.
You can buy advertising in our media and services programmatically or directly through the Automated Guaranteed marketplace. Our expert media sales personnel are ready to help you choose the right audiences and channels, advise you on purchasing, or assist with any other requests you may have.
News for the advertiser
On Thursday, 22 June 2017, both media services will be open from 8.30 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. On Friday, 23 June 2017, media services will be closed due to a public holiday.
Reap the benefits of the Alma summer campaigns, and reach your audiences with our cost-efficient solutions. Our reduced prices for summer 2017 are valid for new campaign bookings from 26 June to 13 August 2017.
Alma Talk events
Alma Talks are Alma Media’s advertiser-oriented events.
These events are mainly in Finnish.
- 29 August 2017 Content marketing
- 10 October 2017 Rich media
- 7 November 2017 B2B marketing
- 12 December 2017 Programmatic buying
Interested? Please contact your media sales representative for details!
Research information for advertisers
We at Alma Media provide you with research data that can guide your advertising in the right direction and help you reach the target audience more effectively. Our key advertising design tools are TNS PäättäjäAtlas, TNS Atlas, and National Media Research (NMR). They provide information on the scope of different media audiences as well as different target groups’ behaviours and attitudes towards both B2B and B2C advertisers. We also carry out different measurements that help you reach your goals.
Media advertising glossary
The media advertising field is becoming more and more diversified as technologies evolve. As a result, the measurability and optimization opportunities of advertising are improving. To speed your quest, some of the most important terms for advertisers are listed below.
- Automated Guaranteed: (also AG) A marketplace for professional buyers of advertising, shared by Finland’s largest media companies, where you can buy advertising campaigns with guaranteed impressions. Read more >>
- CPM: Cost per Mille. (Also CPT, Cost per Thousand.) Cost per thousand impressions. The basic selling unit for advertising based on impressions. Advertising is purchased in batches of thousands of impressions.
- CPV: Cost per View. (Also PPV, Price per View.) One of the pricing methods for video advertising.
- Instream: This refers to advertising that is featured in news content streams. Pre-roll is presented before the video content, mid-roll is presented in the middle, and post-roll is presented after the video content.
- KMT: The National Media Research (Kansallinen mediatutkimus, KMT) is a research entity commissioned jointly by the Finnish print media. The study yields the official print media “currency”, the audience estimate, which indicates how many thousand readers an average issue of a journal has.
- Programmatic buying: An online advertising automation that uses technology for the ad-buying process. The systems provide tools for buying, targeting, and optimizing advertising. Read more >>
- Outstream: This refers to video advertising that is displayed outside the actual video content stream. An article video, or an inRead video, is an example of this. The inRead (Outstream) ad is shown in the middle of editorial articles.
- Coverage%: The percentage (%) of the whole population or target group reached by an advertisement.
- Post-roll: A video ad that is displayed after the actual video content.
- Pre-roll: A video ad that appears before the actual video content.
- Private deal: An individual agreement that opens a closed auction for an advertiser. In a closed auction, the advertiser can programmatically purchase pre-agreed target groups and ad formats.
- Profile%: The percentage of, for example, the media audience that is included in the target group.
- RTB: Real Time Bidding. A purchasing model for online advertising where transactions take place in real time through an auction.
- TNS Atlas: The TNS Atlas surveys Finnish consumers’ attitudes towards nearly 1,300 brands, chains, and shopping locations and explores their media consumption. The TNS Atlas also provides a wealth of consumer information related to, for example, lifestyles, buying, hobbies, leisure, financial situations, and targets of interest.
- TNS PäättäjäAtlas: TNS PäättäjäAtlas survey provides comprehensive and objective information for planning and targeting B2B marketing. The survey supports strategic media and B2B brand marketing planning and finding target groups for communication. The TNS PäättäjäAtlas reveals the relationships among Finnish decision-makers, decision-maker or trade media, and B2B brands.